maandag 1 april 2013

My baby just cares for me - Nina Simone

When you start a collection there are bound to be some items you regret buying. As far as my CD singles are concerned, this was the first CD single I regretted. Nina Simone's 'My baby just cares for me' was a hit in 1987 thanks to one of those videos created with claymation by Aardman Animations.

The CD single, however, didn't contain the original track but a "special extended smoochtime version". I'll admit it, I became curious. But unfortunately, this extended version was created by someone who thought it would be amusing to glue parts of the songs together repeatedly, which only makes it sound annoying. I only ever played this disc two or three times, I'm afraid.
  1. My baby just cares for me (special extended smoochtime version)
  2. Love me or leave me
  3. Little girl blue
Charly Records CDS1
This CD single on Discogs.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten